- Will Aug NFPs Help or Hurt USD/JPY? - August 4, 2016
- BoE Preview – Rate Cut AND QE? - August 3, 2016
- RBA Rate Cut – Not a Done Deal - August 1, 2016
- July FOMC – Reason for Fed Optimism - July 26, 2016
- ECB – My Top 8 Takeaways - June 2, 2016
- Forex June Seasonality – Negative Dollar Bias - June 1, 2016
- RBA May Preview – Will they Cut Rates? - May 2, 2016
- Will the Bank of Japan Cut Rates Tonight? - April 27, 2016
- How Far Will the RBNZ Go? April Meeting Preview - April 26, 2016
- April FOMC Preview – 3 Scenarios for the Fed and Impact on Dollar - April 26, 2016
The job of turning around the global economy lies of the shoulders of just a few people and in this group includes central bank governors. With such a tall task at hand, it leads me to wonder what are the people with such power and responsibility making. Is it enough to compensate for the sleepless nights, grey hairs and anxiety?
Here’s the latest data that I could find on central bank salaries. Some of these are exact numbers from annual reports, some are estimates based upon ranges and publicly available estimates.
**I added SNB President Roth who made a whopping $725,468 last year
Glenn Stevens (AUD): $160,000 (AUD 200,000 in 2008)
Who is the highest paid central banker in the world?
Do you think these central bankers should be paid more or less? Chime in!