- Don’t be Fooled by the Pullback in the Dollar Because…. - November 14, 2018
- Rise of the USD – How high can it go with - November 14, 2018
- VIDEO – Targets for GBP, USDJPY and EURO - October 5, 2016
- RBA Meeting Preview - October 3, 2016
- How to Trade the Dollar into the Presidential Debate - September 26, 2016
- Here’s How to Trade the Sept ECB Rate Decision - September 7, 2016
- Bank of Canada September Preview - September 6, 2016
- Will August Payrolls Disappoint the Dollar? - September 1, 2016
- Where is the Dollar Headed this Week? - August 29, 2016
- Will Aug NFPs Help or Hurt USD/JPY? - August 4, 2016
This is not the first time in recent history that US interest rates have fallen below Japanese levels. In the past 40 years, this has happened at least 5 times. The most recent time was in 1993.
The following chart illustrates how USD/JPY performs whenever the interest rate spread between the US and Japan dips below zero. As you can see, it almost always precedes a sharp drop in USD/JPY that lasts can last for a number of months.