- Will Aug NFPs Help or Hurt USD/JPY? - August 4, 2016
- BoE Preview – Rate Cut AND QE? - August 3, 2016
- RBA Rate Cut – Not a Done Deal - August 1, 2016
- July FOMC – Reason for Fed Optimism - July 26, 2016
- ECB – My Top 8 Takeaways - June 2, 2016
- Forex June Seasonality – Negative Dollar Bias - June 1, 2016
- RBA May Preview – Will they Cut Rates? - May 2, 2016
- Will the Bank of Japan Cut Rates Tonight? - April 27, 2016
- How Far Will the RBNZ Go? April Meeting Preview - April 26, 2016
- April FOMC Preview – 3 Scenarios for the Fed and Impact on Dollar - April 26, 2016
Word on the street is that the credit risk of the Golden Arches are better than Uncle Sam.
5 Year Credit Default Swaps on McDonald’s Corp are trading at 24 to 29bp while US Credit Default Swaps are trading 30bp. This means that it is more expensive to buy protection against a default of the US government than a bankruptcy of Mickey D.
Another interesting fact of the day: Washington Mutual got seized by the US government and sold to JPMorgan on its 119th birthday (Thursday)