- VIDEO – Targets for GBP, USDJPY and EURO - October 5, 2016
- RBA Meeting Preview - October 3, 2016
- How to Trade the Dollar into the Presidential Debate - September 26, 2016
- Here’s How to Trade the Sept ECB Rate Decision - September 7, 2016
- Bank of Canada September Preview - September 6, 2016
- Will August Payrolls Disappoint the Dollar? - September 1, 2016
- Where is the Dollar Headed this Week? - August 29, 2016
- Will Aug NFPs Help or Hurt USD/JPY? - August 4, 2016
- BoE Preview – Rate Cut AND QE? - August 3, 2016
- RBA Rate Cut – Not a Done Deal - August 1, 2016
Word on the street is that the credit risk of the Golden Arches are better than Uncle Sam.
5 Year Credit Default Swaps on McDonald’s Corp are trading at 24 to 29bp while US Credit Default Swaps are trading 30bp. This means that it is more expensive to buy protection against a default of the US government than a bankruptcy of Mickey D.
Another interesting fact of the day: Washington Mutual got seized by the US government and sold to JPMorgan on its 119th birthday (Thursday)