- Don’t be Fooled by the Pullback in the Dollar Because…. - November 14, 2018
- Rise of the USD – How high can it go with - November 14, 2018
- VIDEO – Targets for GBP, USDJPY and EURO - October 5, 2016
- RBA Meeting Preview - October 3, 2016
- How to Trade the Dollar into the Presidential Debate - September 26, 2016
- Here’s How to Trade the Sept ECB Rate Decision - September 7, 2016
- Bank of Canada September Preview - September 6, 2016
- Will August Payrolls Disappoint the Dollar? - September 1, 2016
- Where is the Dollar Headed this Week? - August 29, 2016
- Will Aug NFPs Help or Hurt USD/JPY? - August 4, 2016
I read this fascinating study by Barclays Bank this morning on how the performance of the Dow in the month of January can set the tone for trading throughout the year. In the first month of 2009, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 12 percent. According to Barclay’s study, if there is negative equity market performance in the month of January, the odds of stocks ending the year low rises from 32 to 69 percent. This is based upon 74 years worth of data. Since currencies are taking their cue from equities, further weakness in the Dow could mean further strength for the low yielding US dollar and Japanese Yen.
I hope you find this chart just as interesting as I did.