- Don’t be Fooled by the Pullback in the Dollar Because…. - November 14, 2018
- Rise of the USD – How high can it go with - November 14, 2018
- VIDEO – Targets for GBP, USDJPY and EURO - October 5, 2016
- RBA Meeting Preview - October 3, 2016
- How to Trade the Dollar into the Presidential Debate - September 26, 2016
- Here’s How to Trade the Sept ECB Rate Decision - September 7, 2016
- Bank of Canada September Preview - September 6, 2016
- Will August Payrolls Disappoint the Dollar? - September 1, 2016
- Where is the Dollar Headed this Week? - August 29, 2016
- Will Aug NFPs Help or Hurt USD/JPY? - August 4, 2016
There are many reasons for why the EUR/USD should continue to rise, the strongest of which has been the Federal Reserve’s plans to ease monetary policy. However, there is another reason why the uptrend in the EUR/USD has been so strong. The following chart shows the correlation between the German IFO Report (white line) and the EUR/USD (orange line). As you can see, the IFO report has been a reliable leading indicator for the price action in the EUR/USD with the white line frequently turning before the orange line.
This is relevant not only because the latest trend in IFO supports a further rise in the EUR/USD, but because the next German IFO report will be released on Friday and it could give us clues on where the EUR/USD is headed next.