- Don’t be Fooled by the Pullback in the Dollar Because…. - November 14, 2018
- Rise of the USD – How high can it go with - November 14, 2018
- VIDEO – Targets for GBP, USDJPY and EURO - October 5, 2016
- RBA Meeting Preview - October 3, 2016
- How to Trade the Dollar into the Presidential Debate - September 26, 2016
- Here’s How to Trade the Sept ECB Rate Decision - September 7, 2016
- Bank of Canada September Preview - September 6, 2016
- Will August Payrolls Disappoint the Dollar? - September 1, 2016
- Where is the Dollar Headed this Week? - August 29, 2016
- Will Aug NFPs Help or Hurt USD/JPY? - August 4, 2016
USD/JPY has been on a tear lately but this could be the beginning of an even stronger rally. I don’t use Ichimoku charts at all but this pattern is so significant that I have to mention it. The first chart shows that we are at the cusp of a weekly close above the Ichimoku close which is VERY rare. Over the past 18 years, USD/JPY has CLOSED above its weekly cloud only 4 times (not counting this one) and in 3 out of those 4 instances, a very sharp rally in USD/JPY followed.
1995 break – USD/JPY rose from 97 to a record high above 146
2000 break – USD/JPY rose from 108.50 to a high above 134
2005 break – USD/JPY rose from 108.50 to a high of 124
2009 break – FALSE BREAK
2012 break – ????