- Don’t be Fooled by the Pullback in the Dollar Because…. - November 14, 2018
- Rise of the USD – How high can it go with - November 14, 2018
- VIDEO – Targets for GBP, USDJPY and EURO - October 5, 2016
- RBA Meeting Preview - October 3, 2016
- How to Trade the Dollar into the Presidential Debate - September 26, 2016
- Here’s How to Trade the Sept ECB Rate Decision - September 7, 2016
- Bank of Canada September Preview - September 6, 2016
- Will August Payrolls Disappoint the Dollar? - September 1, 2016
- Where is the Dollar Headed this Week? - August 29, 2016
- Will Aug NFPs Help or Hurt USD/JPY? - August 4, 2016
We all know that the daily trading range of the major currency pairs have expanded, but by how much?
Compared to 2007, the daily average trading range for the EUR/USD year to date has increased 195%. The average range for GBP/USD has increased 150% while the range for USD/JPY has expanded by 140%.
Since the beginning of October, the ranges have exploded even further. The average trading range for the EUR/USD is now 300% greater than the range in 2007.
The biggest increase has been in EUR/AUD and the AUD/USD which saw their ranges rise by a jaw dropping 628% and 427% respectively!
Here is a table with all of the details (click to enlarge):