- Don’t be Fooled by the Pullback in the Dollar Because…. - November 14, 2018
- Rise of the USD – How high can it go with - November 14, 2018
- VIDEO – Targets for GBP, USDJPY and EURO - October 5, 2016
- RBA Meeting Preview - October 3, 2016
- How to Trade the Dollar into the Presidential Debate - September 26, 2016
- Here’s How to Trade the Sept ECB Rate Decision - September 7, 2016
- Bank of Canada September Preview - September 6, 2016
- Will August Payrolls Disappoint the Dollar? - September 1, 2016
- Where is the Dollar Headed this Week? - August 29, 2016
- Will Aug NFPs Help or Hurt USD/JPY? - August 4, 2016
I am back from vacation and found this interesting tidbit that could lead to further Yen strength over the next few days:
Sumitomo have announced they are looking at doing a rights issue next week (up to USD 8.6 bio equiv) of which 50% will be offered to non domestics. This deal is expected to close on the 16th June and allocations likely to be given on the 17th June settlement T+3.
There could be a lot of interest in this as:
a) real money managers continue to invest generally for low levels
b) Global equity managers are very underweight Japan
c) There is general appetite for financials.
Given real money equity managers do not currency hedge this has the potential to create heavy buying of YEN this week, particularly against the non dollar currencies.
Look out below EURJPY!