- Don’t be Fooled by the Pullback in the Dollar Because…. - November 14, 2018
- Rise of the USD – How high can it go with - November 14, 2018
- VIDEO – Targets for GBP, USDJPY and EURO - October 5, 2016
- RBA Meeting Preview - October 3, 2016
- How to Trade the Dollar into the Presidential Debate - September 26, 2016
- Here’s How to Trade the Sept ECB Rate Decision - September 7, 2016
- Bank of Canada September Preview - September 6, 2016
- Will August Payrolls Disappoint the Dollar? - September 1, 2016
- Where is the Dollar Headed this Week? - August 29, 2016
- Will Aug NFPs Help or Hurt USD/JPY? - August 4, 2016
Unlike the other major currencies, the EUR/USD has not joined in the rally today. For currency traders looking for an explanation, the answer is OIL.
Crude prices have fallen for the third trading day in a row and have even broken below $70 a barrel. Since the beginning of the year, there has been a 70 percent positive correlation between oil prices and the EUR/USD.
Here are the charts to prove it. The first chart is the daily correlation, the second is the hourly.